Australia, Australian Class Action, Chromium and cobalt concentrations, Class action, Cobalt poisoning, DePuy, DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System, DePuy Orthopaedics, Food & Drug Administration, Hip Replacement, Johnson & Johnson, Metal-on-Metal DePuy hip device, Port Lincoln, Total Hip Replacement
Class action after a world of pain
Hannah Silverman From: The Advertiser May 23, 2011 11:00PM
AFTER a hip replacement, Anne Joyce was told she would be back to her active self just six weeks later. Five years, three hip replacements and a class action later, the Port Lincoln mother-of-two says she’s finally on the road to recovery.
Anne Joyce is part of a class action against DePuy Orthopedics. Picture: Ivon Perrin Source: The Advertiser
Mrs Joyce, in her early 50s , is one of 47 South Australians involved in a class action against DePuy Orthopedics. The company is allegedly responsible for the numerous patients who have had toxic metals leak into their bloodstream because of the degradation of its implants.
“I just don’t want anybody to go through what I’ve been through, and my family,” she said. “The pain has been just horrendous.”
Mrs Joyce had her first hip replacement in June 2006 and her second in early 2008, the implant “debonding all this time”.
“Then in January 2010 I saw my orthopaedic surgeon again and he said I had an infection,” Mrs Joyce said.
“He said … I needed another hip replacement … I also had metal fragmentation in my blood.”
Mrs Joyce said while she is recovering slowly, she is angry her pain has been echoed throughout Australia.
Technorati Tags: Australian Hip Replacement Problems, Chrome Poisoning , chromium ions, cobalt chrome, Cobalt Ions, Cobalt Poisoning, DePuy, DePuy Hip Recall, DePuy Hip Recall Litigation, DePuy Lawsuit, Elderly Patients, FDA Hip Recall, hip implant failure, Hip Replacement, Johnson & Johnson, joint replacement, metal ion concentrations, metal-on-metal hip, metallosis, MoM hips, total hip replacement, Australian Class Action
- Lawsuit Against DePuy Filed From Spain (earlsview.com)
- Rottenstein Law Group Curious About Reserves Set Aside by Johnson & Johnson for DePuy Victims (earlsview.com)
- Dozens suing over DePuy hip replacement (earlsview.com)
- Australia – Hip surgery ruins lives (earlsview.com)
- Veterans are Put through Another War – Hip Recall (earlsview.com)
- Crucial Documents Could Determine DePuy Hip Replacement Lawsuit Results (earlsview.com)
- Another Legal Victory for Victims With Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Implants (earlsview.com)
- Bruce Greenfield may be the last New Zealander implanted with a faulty hip joint (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Urgently Steps Up its Efforts To Identify All Recipients of the ASR DePuy Hip Implant & Warns About Class Actions (prweb.com)