BHR, DePuy, Doctor, Hip Replacement, hip resurfacing, Magnetic resonance imaging, Nephew Smith, Smith
I had a Smith and Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing in 2009 at age 39.
It was presented to me as a better option for younger people who are more active.
I experienced popping and clicking, pain and swelling and was told for years that this was normal. I am 6’4″ and work a physical job.
I would come home, look at myself in the mirror and say “Toughen up big guy – the Doctor said everything is fine”.
Finally toward the end of 2011 I began seeking other opinions. I was told by two different surgeons that the problems are evident on an x-ray and the BHR must be removed.
I am scheduled for revision surgery next month.
I am not in a position to drop out of my job and life to deal with this, but I have no choice. I’m concerned with the long term health and financial consequences that we will be facing.
- Mark’s Story – another Smith & Nephew BHR disaster – 18 Months (earlsview.com)
- Alison’s story – BHR’s don’t work for petite women – read on… (earlsview.com)
- More Smith & Nephew BHR Problems (earlsview.com)
- Another S&N BHR goes Sour – Brenda’s Story (UK) (earlsview.com)
- Prisoner in own home at 43 – Smith & Nephew BHR disaster – again (UK) (earlsview.com)
- Howard View – on a few things (earlsview.com)
- More Smith & Nephew BHR Problems – Katie’s Story (USA) (earlsview.com)
- More Hocus Pocus around the Smith & Nephew BHR Metallosis Problems (earlsview.com)
- Bryan’s Story – 28 Years Old, Two Hip Replacements – One dud Smith & Nephew BHR (earlsview.com)
- Katie’s Full Story – Metal on Metal BHR Mess (earlsview.com)
Howard Sadwin said:
Same John & Lisa I and my wife Nancy have spoken too?
Pingback: Harold’s Story – Smith & Nephew BHR – Pain & Tumour – Revision… « Earl's View
Pingback: UK hospital recalls all Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Patients… « Earl's View
Pingback: Another US Smith & Nephew BHR problem « Earl's View
Pingback: Lynne’s Story – UK – BHR failure after 6 years « Earl's View
Pingback: Anon. replies to Katie’s Smith & Nephew BHR torment… « Earl's View
Pingback: Tracy’s BHR story – Move from UK to Australia exposes Smith & Nephew BHR poisoning « Earl's View
Pingback: UK medical device maker Smith & Nephew paying $22.2M to settle US foreign bribery allegations – The Washington Post « Earl's View
Pingback: Smith and Nephew payments to 236 Sugeons & Institutions in the USA « Earl's View