I had a BHR resurfacing in 2004 on my right hip. 5 months ago I had a total hip replacement on my left hip, the surgeon who did this op flagged up on seeing my Xrays that I had a problem with my right hip, I was referred back to the surgeon who did the resurfacing in 2004, I had a CT Scan and blood test, that showed I had that I had all these problems associated with the metal on metal hip, he has now replaced this with a total hip replacement, I am now recovering from two hip replacements in five months.these hips was done through the NHS but at a private hospital, at the horder centre Crowborough.
I Have contacted the MHRA who has logged this, but is saying that the fallure rate is acceptable , they have passed this to Smith & Nephew who is at the moment investigating it, but I feel sure this will be swept under the carpet.
I beleive that this should be bought to the attention of the Media, and that we should
get the same compensation as DePuy will most probably get
What can we do
- Bryan’s Story – 28 Years Old, Two Hip Replacements – One dud Smith & Nephew BHR (earlsview.com)
- More Smith & Nephew BHR Problems (earlsview.com)
- BHR Metallosis – Trust your Body – it is more sensitive than X-Rays! (earlsview.com)
- A comparison of Leg Length and Femoral Offset discrepancies in Hip Resurfacing, Large Head Metal-on-Metal and Conventional Total Hip Replacement (earlsview.com)
- Howard View – on a few things (earlsview.com)
- Vicky – double BHR Success Story (earlsview.com)
- Huddersfield patients affected by faulty hip replacements face more surgery – Local West Yorkshire News – News – Huddersfield Examiner (earlsview.com)
- UK surgeon warns public about dangers of all-metal hip implants, especially for women | Depuy Hip Recall (earlsview.com)
- Stuart’s Story (Australia) – No More Hip Replacements Possible (earlsview.com)
- Paul’s story – AGONY! (earlsview.com)