DePuy, Hip Replacement, hip resurfacing, Magnetic resonance imaging, Nephew BHR, Nephew Smith, Smith, X-ray computed tomography
I have a Smith and Nephew BHR total, and it I saw my surgeon yesterday here in the US and he said immediately it had to be revised.
More on those details later, after toxicology tests and and MRI.
Meanwhile, Here’s today’s new from the UK:
- Harold’s Story – Smith & Nephew BHR – Pain & Tumour – Revision… (earlsview.com)
- Mark’s Story – another Smith & Nephew BHR disaster – 18 Months (earlsview.com)
- John’s Story – More Smith & Nephew BHR Misery @ 39 years old (earlsview.com)
- More Smith & Nephew BHR Problems (earlsview.com)
- UK hospital recalls all Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Patients… (earlsview.com)
- Prisoner in own home at 43 – Smith & Nephew BHR disaster – again (UK) (earlsview.com)
- Bryan’s Story – 28 Years Old, Two Hip Replacements – One dud Smith & Nephew BHR (earlsview.com)
- Alison’s story – BHR’s don’t work for petite women – read on… (earlsview.com)
- Another S&N BHR goes Sour – Brenda’s Story (UK) (earlsview.com)
Barbara Ford said:
I reported my Smith and Nephew failures to the FDA as I wasn’t sure that my Dr did. I got a letter back from them saying they log all the data and monitor the number of people complaining about devices so please, people in the US, make sure you or your Dr is reporting it to the FDA.
Howard Sadwin said:
Barbara, I believe to date there are over 500 BHR complaints registered with the FDA since 2009.
paige sironko said:
I reported it the fda…after this experience, I don’t even trust my doctor. I am the 40’s woman whose life was ruined by smith and nephew and their “wonderful device” Every morning starts with tears and anger…how can a company do this to people? Sure we can all sue the hell out of them but all the money in the world won’t get my health back but its all they care about…