Health, Hip Replacement, hip resurfacing, Nephew Smith, Orthopedic surgery, Smith, Smith & Nephew, surgery, UNited States
This report says it all.
If your product is so good – why do you have to pay MD’s to use your orthopaedic devices?
Conflicted – absolutely. Now you know why you surgeon (if on the list) doesn’t want to discuss problems you are having with your Smith & Nephew orthopedic device!
Bear in mind also, that these MD’s are more than likely to be taking money from other orthopedic device companies…
Here is the file — smith_nephew-payments-docs
- More Smith & Nephew BHR Problems (earlsview.com)
- Steve’s Smith & Nephew BHR nightmare (earlsview.com)
- Harold’s Story – Smith & Nephew BHR – Pain & Tumour – Revision… (earlsview.com)
- Michael’s BHR disaster – life in tatters – when will it stop! (earlsview.com)
- Karen’s Story – another S&N BHR disaster (earlsview.com)
- Stuart’s Advice – Warnings to all metal on metal implant recipients! Don’t miss this! (earlsview.com)
- UK hospital recalls all Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Patients… (earlsview.com)
- UK medical device maker Smith & Nephew paying $22.2M to settle US foreign bribery allegations – The Washington Post (earlsview.com)
- Howard Sadwin’s Suffering from Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant | Mesh Medical Device Newsdesk (earlsview.com)
- John’s Story – More Smith & Nephew BHR Misery @ 39 years old (earlsview.com)
I’m shocked and upset. I’ve put all my faith in my surgeon. I had to and yes, he’s on the list 😦 Thanks for this info!
I would be interested to see the data for the years before 2010 too. I had revision surgery in 2010 but my original surgery was at the end of 2008.
Yes – would be interesting. Will see if it can be tracked down. If he is on the list now, then more than likely he was then.
Paul Taylor said:
Shame it does not include surgeons from the UK or the rest of the world.
katie kingsley said:
Its “public information” over here. Even so, I’m not sure every type of “donation” is public. Frankly, I’d venture to say that this is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I’m not sure how the laws work in the UK regarding disclosure of this type of information. Certainly would be nice to have. I’m sure it would be, to say the least, enlightening.
Pingback: 40′s Woman Ruined by Smith & Nephew Hip Implant « Earl's View
Pingback: Howard’s Lament – Lawyers dodge the tough jobs! « Earl's View
Pingback: S&N tries to fade out of Metal on Metal QUIETLY… Smith & Nephew Voluntarily Withdraws Hip Component « Earl's View
Pingback: FDA PMA – how this hides the guilty and stops The Damaged and Suffering from getting Justice – Smith & Nephew « Earl's View
Why does Smith & Nephew give tens of thousands of dollars to over 120 doctors, one of whom I know in Cincinnati? (after reading your link, Earl)
Because, like the other companies they are buying loyalty. By creating a conflict of interest, they build their following.
Because, like all the other big companies, they buy loyalty by creating a conflict of interest. Money talks.
Rosita Cairns said:
Hi Earl – I know working in the health industry this goes on but when you see the amounts and extent it really makes you feel sick – I had a quick look and could only see mostly USA doctors and centre’ – or maybe I missed something but do they also list the Australian involvement ?? – Thanks Rosita