Visit to the Surgeon 27 Sept 2011
Considering that I had the femur split, two bone grafts and new hip implants (both press fit), the healing of the bone, tissue and wound is great and in terms of mobility of the new joint all is great!
Pain is still under management – but at about 20% of the original dosages or less.
I am now allowed to do a limited amount of walking around the house but he wants me to be on crutches for another 3 – 4 weeks to enable the bone grafts to fully take.
Below are two of the X-Rays taken on the 26th Sept 2011. The marks on the X-Rays are courtesy of the younger person in the house who spilled their drink…
I am amazed at the skill of the surgeon!
- Is Dysplaysia an underlying condition leading to Osteoarthritis later in life? (earlsview.com)
- Earl – Day 20 Post Operation – some pictures (earlsview.com)
- Earl – ONE DAY Until Hip Revision Day (earlsview.com)
- Earl – Three Days Until Hip Revision Day (earlsview.com)
- Surgeon Experience Matters in Neck Artery Procedure (nlm.nih.gov)
- How to Choose a Hip Or Knee Replacement Surgeon & Prosthesis (earlsview.com)
- Hip replacement and hip revision (earlsview.com)
- Visit to the Surgeon Monday 18th July 2011 (earlsview.com)
- New Zealand – Patient “J’s” 7 years of HELL story – ACC Legislation shelters those to blame (earlsview.com)
- Earl – X-Rays Post Revision (earlsview.com)
- Earl – the operation and Day One (earlsview.com)
- Watch out for Doctors who Ignore the Facts – Trust your Body – it is more sensitive than X-Rays! (earlsview.com)
- Why do surgeons avoid the obvious when patients complain??? (earlsview.com)
- My Revision is Planned for 1 September – Yahoo!!! (earlsview.com)