BS R US – Latest Obamacare casualty: 100 workers at Smith & Nephew
By Cheryl K. Chumley-The Washington Times Friday, February 1, 2013
Global medical technology firm Smith & Nephew announced Thursday the layoff of almost 100 workers at its Tennessee and Massachusetts plants — and placed blame for the drawdown firmly at the feet of Obamacare.
In a statement, the company said: “Unfortunately, and in order to absorb this cost burden into or business, this has meant less than 100 positions have been made redundant across various departmental functions in our Tennessee and Massachusetts sites,” according to Fox News.
The company employs more than 11,000 in 90 countries. And it’s not the latest firm to announce cuts due to Obamacare-related cost hikes. In November, Fox New reports, Stryker medical supply company announced cuts of 1,170 jobs — 5 percent of its global force — to help cut costs from Obamacare taxes and mandates.
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
- Latest Obamacare casualty: 100 workers at Smith & Nephew (washingtontimes.com)
- Medical Company Smith & Nephew Lays Off Almost 100 People, Blames Obamacare (huffingtonpost.com)
- Device manufacturer lays off 100, blames Obamacare (dailykos.com)
- Calling all Smith & Nephew victims (earlsview.com)
- Smith & Nephew Failure Warning for Birmingham Hip Implant (earlsview.com)
- Brazil Market: Orthopedic Trauma Devices & Wound, Tissue Management Analysis in New Market Research Reports at ReportsnReports.com (prweb.com)
- FDA Action on Metal on Metal Hips – too little, too late… (earlsview.com)
- Medical Company Smith and Nephew Lays Off 100 People Thanks to Obamacare (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obamacare: Smith & Nephew Announce Layoffs due to Excise Tax (americanbulwark.com)