I had the Birrmingham resurfacing to both hips with a gap of 5 months, in 2008. I was advised that the Smith & Nephew was the best product having been free of problems for 10 years.
I now have difficulty in walking any distance or standing for any time. I have undergone blood tests, as the questions of MoM hip replacements was raised by the Nuffield Hospital, in Bournemouth, to me. Tests by the NHS have shown that I have twice the limit of both Cobalt and Chromium in my blood, which my GP advises is damaging to the heart, A little concerning as I had 5 By-passes in 2000.
I am waiting for a consultant to see me and state that I will need both hips replaced with Ceramic, Needless to say I am being delayed in that consultation.
Once I have received the advice, I have placed my case in the hands of Attwood solicitors, who will be submitting a claim, on a ‘no win no fee’ basis.
I would agree that there seems to be a reluctance with regard to the Smith & Nephew company as they have seen the floodgates opening on the Depuy version.
Please keep me informed of any progress.
- Q: Who is going to pay the Mortgage Mr Smith & Nephew while two BHR’s are revised? (earlsview.com)
- In Wake of Smith & Nephew Hip Recall, Company Reports Third-Quarter Sales Drop, as Hip Replacement Sales Slide 4% (prweb.com)
- Smith and Nephew Issues Failure Warning on Metal Hip Implant – Florida Mass Tort Attorneys, Lawyers | Searcy Mass Torts (earlsview.com)
- Smith & Nephew Withdraw THR version of BHR – Warning issued about hip implant (earlsview.com)
- Smith & Nephew sued for BHR Defects – Cheryl and Ken elmore (plaintiffs) vs. Smith & Nephew (earlsview.com)
- 26% Failure in Female Smith & Nephew BHR’s – and higher failure in older males… (earlsview.com)
- Birmingham Hip Modular Head (used in hip replacements) (earlsview.com)
- Howard Says – And We Agree – Come Clean Smith & Nephew (earlsview.com)
- Growing metal-on-metal hip controversy threatens to swallow more device makers | MassDevice – Medical Device Industry News (earlsview.com)
- In Wake of Smith & Nephew Hip Recall, Company Reports Third-Quarter Sales Drop, as Hip Replacement Sales Slide 4% (earlsview.com)