Claire Newell, FDA, Food & Drug Administration, Hip Replacement, hip replacement failure, Medical device, metal-on-metal hips, metallosis, Nephew, NephewSmith, science, Smith, Smith & Nephew, UNited States
It is time for Smith and Nephew to be realistic and honest, afterall in their code of ehtics the safety of patients is of primary concern.
They have recalled bits and pieces of their mom hips, first the R3 acetabular insert and now part of the bhmr. The bhr is metal on metal, the parts rub against each other causing friction which leads to metal particles that enter our vital organs causing damage that can’t be replaced nor repaired like new as their marketing advertises.
Our Government must hold them for accountability and see justice is served if the safety and well being of our lives are first and foremost.
The investigative journalist of the Telegraph Claire Newell, Holly Watt and other staff members did superb work in their articles exposing some of the ongoing corruption in the medical device world. Although their investigation was on foreign countries the same practice is true in the USA.
What will it take to expose and put an end, to this corruption, how many 1000′s of innocent people will have to continue to suffer ??
It is apparent the FDA will do nothing more than collect data and protect the manufacturer. The FDA was formed to create a safety guide for human life, then why don’t they take these devices off the market ?
Market share and rates of returns to the investors is more important.
Earl View has had excellent articles of recent on ths matter and again I thank Earl for all his help and information.
- Smith and Nephew – time to come clean – more facts, less spin (earlsview.com)
- Smith & Nephew Ethics… (earlsview.com)
- Smith and Nephew Issues Failure Warning on Metal Hip Implant – Florida Mass Tort Attorneys, Lawyers | Searcy Mass Torts (earlsview.com)
- Self-serving Smith & Nephew Caught Out? Mortality and implant revision rates of hip arthroplasty in patients with osteoarthritis: registry based cohort study | BMJ (earlsview.com)
- Q: Who is going to pay the Mortgage Mr Smith & Nephew while two BHR’s are revised? (earlsview.com)
- Growing metal-on-metal hip controversy threatens to swallow more device makers | MassDevice – Medical Device Industry News (earlsview.com)
- YAHOO – Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Lawsuit Filed Over Metal Poisoning – AboutLawsuits.com (earlsview.com)
- New Warning Issued over Smith & Nephew’s Birmingham Hip Modular Head Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant (prweb.com)
- GOOD NEWS – Smith and Nephew sees a decline Birmingham hip implant business (earlsview.com)
- Is FTSE 100 Stalwart Smith & Nephew a Good Value? (fool.com)
Pingback: Howard’s View on the FDA’s lack of action on MoM hip studies… « Earl's View
Pingback: Smith & Nephew sued for BHR Defects — Cheryl and Ken elmore (plaintiffs) vs. Smith & Nephew « Earl's View
Pingback: David’s BHR Horror Story – Smith & Nephew Floodgate will open soon… « Earl's View
Pingback: More Smith & Nephew THR Spectron/BHR metal on metal Horror – Anna’s Story « Earl's View
Pingback: New Metal Hip Problems Website launched in UK « Earl's View
Pingback: Come out front Smith & Nephew – we have had your medicine – time for yours… « Earl's View
Pingback: Howard Sadwin – Video of Howard’s battle with the damage from Smith & Nephew BHR hip « Earl's View