Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Lawsuits Filed By The Law Offices Of John David Hart
FORT WORTH, Texas, Dec. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Two cases were filed today by the Law Offices of John David Hart on behalf of plaintiffs who were implanted with DePuy ASR Acetabular Hip Replacement Systems. The cases were filed on behalf of Susan and Michael McClurg and John Creagh against DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., DePuy Inc., DePuy International, Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson International, Inc. in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., a division of Johnson and Johnson, Inc., recalled its ASR Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement Systems on August 24, 2010. As of November 2011, approximately 4100 lawsuits have been filed alleging injuries and damages suffered as a result of defective DePuy ASR devices. Approximately 35,000 to 40,000 DePuy ASR devices were sold in the United States, so the number of lawsuits is expected to continue to rise in the coming months.
As a result of the DePuy ASR recall and thousands of complaints regarding other metal-on-metal hip implants, the FDA‘s 510k process has been sharply criticized. Last May, the FDA ordered 21 manufacturers to conduct post market studies to determine the safety and efficacy of metal-on-metal hip implants. More recently, bipartisan legislation was introduced in the Senate that would require manufactures to track performance of their products once they are approved for sale.
Susan McClurg and John Creagh had to undergo surgery to have the defective DePuy ASR devices removed and replaced with another device. “The pain and suffering my clients have endured is unconscionable and could have been avoided,” said attorney John David Hart. “The ASR device was supposed to last 15 to 20 years, but the devices failed after only 4 or 5 years. My clients were forced to undergo surgical procedures to replace DePuy and Johnson & Johnson’s unsafe, recalled product. There is clearly a need for increased scrutiny in both the medical device approval process and for post-market surveillance of medical devices.”
John David Hart and the Law Offices of John David Hart represent many individuals in the United States who have been injured as a result of this defective hip replacement system. The Law Offices of John David Hart is a group of experienced and dedicated legal professionals working to protect the rights of people wronged by the acts of others. Across the country, the firm represents individuals in cases of catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, dangerous drugs and medical products, aviation litigation, automobile and truck accidents and oil and gas litigation. For more information, please contact John David Hart at 800.961.4278 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.hiprecallinfo.com .
- Rottenstein Law Group Heeds Common Benefit Order in DePuy ASR MDL – Yahoo! News (earlsview.com)
- RLG Heeds Common Benefit Order in DePuy ASR MDL (earlsview.com)
- J&J Third Quarter Earnings Report: Approximately 560 DePuy Pinnacle Lawsuits Filed (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Hip Recall | Pinnacle Hip Recall News (earlsview.com)
- San Francisco Personal Injury Attorney Analyzes Depuy Lawsuits And Preemption (earlsview.com)
- UK surgeon warns public about dangers of all-metal hip implants, especially for women | Depuy Hip Recall (earlsview.com)
- DePuy ASR ‘Poster lady’ sues hip implant firm (earlsview.com)
- Australian Hearing Details Three-Year Delay for DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recall (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Says It’s Urgent They Identify All Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipients (earlsview.com)
- Who will lead J&J hip replacement MDL? (earlsview.com)