DePuy Metal on Metal Hip Implant Lawsuit News – Hip replacement poisoning
Source: Ennis & Ennis, P.A.
“I’m nauseated if I’m awake… So they now have me on medication they give to cancer patients for nausea,” said Rogers.
But her current illness has been a mystery to doctors.
Little did she or they know this illness could be tied to a hip replacement she had in December of 2006. This was about 9 months after a devastating auto accident resulting in the death of the hip tissue.
“I think they told me the risks they knew. I don’t think even the surgeons realized at the time what the prognosis for the metal on metal hips was going to wind up being,” Rogers said.
She said patients simply trust the manufacturers and surgeons when they should be doing their own research and taking charge of their own health care.
DePuy Pinnacle issued a recall because of metal poisoning. The implant contains cobalt and chromium, metals toxic to the body.
“There was an advertisement that came on TV late one night saying the DePuy Pinnacle was about to be put on the recall list as well,” Rogers said.
“When I read it was like nausea, chronic diarrhea, headaches, everything I had been going through for over 2 years,” she said.
And after finding this research…
“I had an appointment with my regular GP, and I asked him to check when he did my blood work, to add chromium and cobalt and see what my levels were. He looked at me like I was crazy. Three days later his secretary called me back and said, ‘You were right, your levels on both are high.'”
Next Rogers hopes to get the toxic metal parts removed and replaced with ceramic parts.
“Rogers also has a lawyer and plans to join a nationwide class action lawsuit.
She said her biggest lesson in all this is to do more research and ask a lot more questions.
That’s good to know when it comes to navigating “Your Health.”
If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of a defective hip replacement you may be entitled to compensation. Our experienced Hip Replacement Side Effects Lawsuit Attorneys are here to answer any questions you may have about a hip replacement lawsuit or a possible hip replacement class action lawsuit. Fill out the free hip replacement lawsuit case evalution form or contact our DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Recall Lawsuit Lawyers directly by calling toll-free: 1.800.856.6405 .
|Washington DC Office
1101 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, DC 20004
1111 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
|Fort Lauderdale Office
110 E. Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Lawyers Meeting With MDL Judge (earlsview.com)
- Will the DePuy Pinnacle Bring the Next Wave of Lawsuits? (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Pinnacle Implants May Cause Same Problems as Defective ASR Implants (earlsview.com)
- Crucial Documents Could Determine DePuy Hip Replacement Lawsuit Results (earlsview.com)
- Rottenstein Law Group Anticipates Prompt Formation of Leadership Committees in Federal Multidistrict Litigation of DePuy Pinnacle Lawsuits (earlsview.com)
- Rottenstein Law Group Curious About Reserves Set Aside by Johnson & Johnson for DePuy Victims (earlsview.com)
- Groundswell of Grievances Against Manufacturers of Defective, Dangerous Hip Replacement Devices (earlsview.com)
- Spike in Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant Complaints May Point to Looming Disaster (earlsview.com)
- Lawsuit Against DePuy Filed From Spain (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Hip Recall Takes Toll on Johnson & Johnson Finances (earlsview.com)