Cobalt chrome, Cobalt poisoning, DePuy, DePuy ASR Hip, DePuy Hip Recall Litigation, Food & Drug Administration, Hip Replacement, Johnson, Johnson & Johnson, Justice Department, Massachusetts, metal-on-metal hips, metallosis, Product recall, UNited States
Johnson & Johnson Confirms Inquiry Into Hip Devices
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: February 22, 2013
Federal prosecutors are investigating Johnson & Johnson’s practices in marketing a line of hip replacements recalled in 2010 because many had to be replaced within a few years — part of a string of more than 30 product recalls by the company in the last three and a half years.
The United States attorney’s office in Massachusetts and the civil division of the Justice Department last August sent Johnson & Johnson an “informal request” for information about its ASR hip replacements, the company reported in a regulatory filing on Friday.
The company’s annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission states that the government has asked for additional documents from a Johnson & Johnson unit, DePuy Synthes, and two related subsidiaries. The company turned over the documents and is cooperating fully with investigators, the filing states.
- The Hip Replacement Case Shows Why Doctors Often Remain Silent – NYTimes.com (earlsview.com)
- DePuy ASR Hip Recipient Feared for His Life before Revision Surgery (earlsview.com)
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls Thousands of Hip Implants – ABC News (earlsview.com)
- Iowa Resident Brings Suit Against Stryker For Damages Caused By Recalled Hip Implant – News Press Release | PharmiWeb.com (earlsview.com)
- RLG Responds to Report of Higher Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement Failure Rates in Women (earlsview.com)
- What DePuy Orthopaedics Knew About Its All-Metal Hips – NYTimes.com (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Lawsuits: Bernstein Liebhard LLP Comments on New Study Finding that Hip Replacement Failure More Likely in Women (earlsview.com)
- When Doctors Keep Quiet about Dangerous Hip Devices (earlsview.com)
- Johnson & Johnson recalls more metal hip implants (healthnexercise.com)
- Hip Implant’s Risks Inadequately Assessed, DePuy Report Found in 2010 – NYTimes.com (earlsview.com)