ABC News, BERLIN, DePuy, DePuy ASR Hip, DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System, depuy hip recall, DePuy Hip Recall Litigation, DePuy Lawsuit, DePuy Orthopaedics, Failure rate, failure rates, Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices, Germany, hip implant, Hip implants, hip revision, Johnson, Johnson & Johnson, parker waichman, UNited States
A German newspaper reports that Johnson & Johnson is recalling thousands of hip implants 2 1/2 years after a similar recall.
Handelsblatt reports that the Adept implants made by J&J’s subsidiary DePuy Orthopaedics showed a failure rate of 12 percent after seven years. It said some 7,500 of the implants were shipped worldwide between 2004 and 2011.
Germany’s Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices on Thursday confirmed it had received a notice from Johnson & Johnson about the recall.
In August 2010, J&J recalled two types of DePuy ASR metal hip implants after they were linked to high failure rates. J&J has had more than 30 other product recalls since 2009.
- Another Hip Implant Recall (abcnews.go.com)
- Report: J&J recalls thousands of hip implants (foxnews.com)
- Report: J&J recalls thousands of hip implants (seattletimes.com)
- Thousands of hip implants recalled (vitals.nbcnews.com)
- Report: J&J recalls thousands of hip implants (kansascity.com)
- DePuy ASR Hip Litigation Update: Records Show Johnson & Johnson Knew About Defects of DePuy ASR Hip Implant Long Before Recall, Parker Waichman LLP Reports (prweb.com)
- Report: J&J recalls thousands of hip implants (jsonline.com)
- Hip Implant’s Risks Inadequately Assessed, DePuy Report Found in 2010 – NYTimes.com (earlsview.com)
- Johnson & Johnson Again Recalls Thousands Of Faulty Hip Implants (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)