Medical devices – Tom Joyce on device regulation
Deborah Cohen from the BMJ interviews Tom Joyce from Newcastle University who has investigated these metal-on-metal hips.
You can read more about the investigation and the problems with the ASR hip in the feature Out of joint: The story of the ASR.
See video – click this link
- Video: Faulty hip implants have ruined lives says Orthopaedic Professor – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: Patients at risk from flaws in medical device rules, admit EU chiefs – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Re: Mortality and implant revision rates of hip arthroplasty in patients with osteoarthritis: registry based cohort study | BMJ (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers DePuy, Stryker, Biomet And Zimmer Metal on Metal Hip Implant Recipients The Names of the Best Law Firms If The Hip Implant Has Failed (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Has Added Wright, Stryker, Biomet, and Zimmer To Their Initiative For All Metal Hip Implant Failures Victims & Offers Them The Names Of The Best Lawyers (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Urges All DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipients to Call Them For the Names of the Best Possible Law Firms Because of Premature Failures (prweb.com)
- DePuy Defective Hip Implant Claims | eLocal (elocallawyers.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: Patients’ health put at risk by unscrupulous EU regulators (telegraph.co.uk)
- BMJ and Daily Telegraph’s fake hip exposes failing European device regulation: EU Places Personal Profit over Safety (engineeringevil.com)
- Today’s News: MPs take implant advice of North East’s experts (journallive.co.uk)