DePuy, Food and Drug Administration, Hip Replacement, lawsuit, Pinnacle, surgery, UNited States, Washington
DePuy Hip Recall Lawsuit Washington | DePuy Lawyer.
Pinnacle Lawsuit Filed by Washington Man
A Washington plaintiff has become the latest to file aDePuy hip lawsuit after he submitted his case on the 8thof May 2012. Larry Vanyi is a resident of Washington state and allegedly experienced complications that will necessitate revision surgery after being implanted with the Pinnacle hip replacement device manufactured by DePuy Orthopedics. He is holding both the device manufacturer and the designer of the device, Dr. Thomas P. Schmalzreid, accountable for the side effects and complications he has experienced, including metallosis. The device he was fitted with, the Pinnacle hip replacement system, has not yet seen a recall; another very similar DePuy device, however, the DePuy ASR hip replacement system, was recalled in 2010, and many medical experts think that Pinnacle devices should go the same way.
Plaintiff experienced metallosis
Vanyi’s lawsuit, which was filed with the assistance of aDePuy hip attorney, claims that the plaintiff suffered a number of negative side effects of the use of the DePuy hip replacement system, including a high level of the metal cobalt in the blood, which can be caused by the use of a metal on metal hip replacement system such as the Pinnacle. The lawsuit goes on to say that Vanyi will eventually require revision surgery, a second procedure intended to fix problems associated with an implanted hip replacement system, but that this surgery could bring with it a risk of even more significant complications for the patient.
Although there are many similarities between this and a DePuy ASR lawsuit, it is not quite the same. While the DePuy ASR device has been pulled from use, the Pinnacle hip replacement system is still on the market, although it is quite similar to the ASR device. One of the major points of many Pinnacle hip lawsuits is the fact that the device was never directly approved by the Food and Drug Administration, but was approved through a loophole because it was so similar to the recalled ASR device, which was another emtal-on-metal hip replacement system.
DePuy hid complications
Vanyi’s lawsuit also claims that device manufacturer DePuy knew or should have known about the complications associated with DePuy hip replacement systems and had a responsibility to warn patients more thoroughly about the potential for complications associated with the devices.
- DePuy Hip Lawsuit | DePuy ASR Hip Recall (earlsview.com)
- DePuy ASR Hip Lawsuit | DePuy Hip Lawyer (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Pinnacle Lawsuit: New Court Orders :: Dallas Fort Worth Injury Lawyer Blog (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers to Help All Recipients of a DePuy ASR or a DePuy Pinnacle Implant Failure Get to the Best Possible Attorneys-Why Get Left Holding The Bag? (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Offers To Help Every Recipient Of A DePuy Pinnacle Or Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Get To The Best Attorneys Because Of The Device Failure Potential (prweb.com)
- Rottenstein Law Group Sees Clues to DePuy Defense in Newly Published Response to Critical Study (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers To Help All Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipients (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers to Assist All Recipients of a DePuy Pinnacle Or DePuy ASR Metal on Metal Hip Implant Get To the Best Possible Attorneys-Everyone One Counts (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers To Help Every DePuy ASR And DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipient Get To The Best Possible Attorneys And Lists Hip Implant Failure Symptoms (prweb.com)
Pingback: Aspiration Revealed My ASR Device Had Failed While Other Diagnostic Tests Were Still Reading “Normal” « Earl's View
Pingback: Metal on Metal Hip Disaster – F.D.A. Hearing to Focus on Replacement Hips « Earl's View
Pingback: Medical Device « The Senate Passes Unparalleled Medical Device User Fee Act « Earl's View
Pingback: Justice for Hip Failures: DePuy ASR Recall: Nearly 16,800 adverse events reported for metal-on-metal hips, including DePuy ASR and Biomet Magnum « Earl's View
Pingback: Pennsylvania woman to address FDA panel on husband’s hip-replacement recall – Philly.com « Earl's View
Pingback: ‘Toxic’ hip replacement fears – UK Health News – Isle of Man Today « Earl's View