California, DePuy, Frank, Hip Replacement, Johnson, lawsuit, Lawyer, UNited States
DePuy Hip Lawsuit | DePuy ASR Hip Recall.
A couple who filed a DePuy hip lawsuit after the wife experienced serious DePuy hip complications saw their lawsuit thrown out after it was decided that there was a lack of jurisdiction involved. The lawsuit was originally filed by California residents Marjorie and Cliff Franks with the help of a DePuy hip lawyer on the 21st of February, 2012, and was thrown out by Judge Larry A. Burns of the United States’ District Court of the Southern District of California after he said that one of the three defendants, Dr. Thomas Schmalzreid, because he lived in California, caused a lack of jurisdiction. The other defendants named in the case were device manufacturers DePuy Orthopedics and parent company Johnson & Johnson.
Lawsuit claims plaintiffs unaware of recall
According to the DePuy hip lawsuit filed by the plaintiffs, Mrs. Franks was implanted with the DePuy Pinnacle hip replacement system in March of 2008 and began experiencing side effects and complications, including pain and discomfort in her hip and leg, shortly thereafter. She underwent a blood test in April of 2011 that showed she had elevated levels of cobalt and chromium in her bloodstream which, combined with the fact that she was using a metal on metal hip replacement system, was relatively indicative of metallosis, or metal poisoning. This is a kind of metal poisoning that takes place when a patient has metal in their bloodstream because a metal on metal joint replacement system has deposited flakes of it into the blood and surrounding tissues of the patient.
She says she became aware of the 2010 DePuy hip recall only after she began to suffer from complications.
Hip lawyer asks judge to reconsider case
The Frank’s hip lawyer said that he had been too busy to respond to the court’s request for any responses to the dismissal of the case during the time allotted, and is asking that the plaintiffs’ case be reinstated or moved to another court.
- DePuy ASR Hip Lawsuit | DePuy Hip Lawyer (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers To Help All Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipients (earlsview.com)
- Whitehall man with two defective hip implants wants to be heard by the FDA – mcall.com (earlsview.com)
- DePuy’s BMJ fray: Is the hip maker showing its hand ahead of jury trials? | MassDevice – Medical Device Industry News (earlsview.com)
- The US Drug Watchdog Expands Its DePuy ASR Hip Implant Victims Initiative Because of The Low Numbers of Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipients Identified So Far (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers To Help All Recipients of The Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Get Identified To The Best Attorneys Fearing Only A Fraction Have Been Identified (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Says Its Vital To Identify All Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipients & Get Them The Best Attorneys Because Only A Fraction Have been Identified (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Says it’s Vital Families of Recipients Of The Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant To Help Us Get The Family Member Identified To The Best Lawyers (prweb.com)
Pingback: National Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant Lawyers File Lawsuit on Behalf of DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipient Injured Allegedly Due to Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement – Yahoo! News « Earl's View
Pingback: Attorney Szerlag Files J&J Hip Lawsuits and Attends MDL Status Conference « Earl's View
Pingback: DePuy Hip Recall Lawsuit Washington | DePuy Lawyer « Earl's View
Pingback: Statute of Limitations Looming for DePuy Hip Implant Lawsuits « Earl's View
Pingback: Victory in DePuy Hip Litigation: PSB Defeats Motion to Dismiss « Earl's View
Pingback: Aspiration Revealed My ASR Device Had Failed While Other Diagnostic Tests Were Still Reading “Normal” « Earl's View
Pingback: Metal on Metal Hip Disaster – F.D.A. Hearing to Focus on Replacement Hips « Earl's View
Pingback: Medical Device « The Senate Passes Unparalleled Medical Device User Fee Act « Earl's View
Pingback: Justice for Hip Failures: DePuy ASR Recall: Nearly 16,800 adverse events reported for metal-on-metal hips, including DePuy ASR and Biomet Magnum « Earl's View
Pingback: As lawsuits climb, J&J may have new hip trauma – Pinnacle metal-on-metal hip system has nearly 1,600 lawsuits pending « Earl's View
Pingback: DePuy & Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Settlement Funding Leads Legal-Bay to Banner 2nd Quarter – MarketWatch « Earl's View