The DePuy Pinnacle MDL that is consolidated in the Northern District of Texas, has had some new orders issued by the court.
Judge James E. Kinkeade, who is overseeing In re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation (“MDL No. 2244”), has issued three new orders that will facilitate the discovery phase of the federal DePuy litigation.
DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Lawsuits
The DePuy Pinnacle hip replacement federal lawsuits have been consolidated in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, in Dallas, Texas.
New MDL Court Orders
These orders address:
1. the designation of documents, material, or information as confidential;
2. the remand of an action filed by a plaintiff who had a DePuy ASR hip implant device, and
3. the protocol for the production of documents between plaintiffs and defendants.
More than 1,100 MDL DePuy Pinnacle lawsuits
As of March 31, 2012, there are more than 1,100 DePuy Pinnacle lawsuits pending in the consolidated federal litigation in the Northern District of Texas.
DePuy ASR Metal on Metal Lawsuits
Many plaintiffs have also filed lawsuits, these folks have been implanted with metal-on-metal ASR hip replacement systems, also manufactured by DePuy, in In re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. ASR Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation (“MDL No. 2197”), which is currently consolidated in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
The hip replacement lawsuits allege that the ASR hip replacement and the metal-on-metal Pinnacle hip replacement systems were defectively designed.
DePuy ASR Hips Recalled in 2010
Johnson & Johnson recalled the ASR hip implants in August 2010, perhaps under pressure from the FDA. According to experts, those who received either a DePuy ASR hip implant or a Pinnacle metal-on-metal hip system and have experienced hip replacement pain or had to undergo revision surgery may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and other injuries.
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers To Help All Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipients (earlsview.com)
- DePuy’s BMJ fray: Is the hip maker showing its hand ahead of jury trials? | MassDevice – Medical Device Industry News (earlsview.com)
- Whitehall man with two defective hip implants wants to be heard by the FDA – mcall.com (earlsview.com)
- Defective DePuy Hips: The Empire (Johnson & Johnson) Strikes Back :: Accident and Injury Lawyer Blog (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers to Help All Recipients of the DePuy ASR & DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant to Get to the Best Possible Attorneys Because Compensation is Vital (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers to Help All DePuy ASR and DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipients Get to the Best Possible Attorneys and Lists Symptoms of Hip Implant Failure (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Says Its Vital We Now Identify All DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipients That Have A Hip Implant Failure & Its Critical Family Members Help (prweb.com)
- Discovery Moves Forward In Federal DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Lawsuits (prweb.com)
- Biomet Makes Offer to Buy DePuy Business from Johnson and Johnson To Enable Regulatory Clearance for The Purchase of Synthes (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)