I hope that this finds you all fit and well and enjoying life!
I just wanted to quickly let you know that Bob Lugton and I (a fellow ‘hip dude’) were interviewed at my home this morning for an ABC National News story (Australia only but will be on the net!) to be aired either Wednesday 31/10/12 or Thursday 1/11/12 during the 7pm ABC National News.
The piece is in response to the recent National Joint Replacement Registry (NJRR) report around their figures for hip replacements for the last 3 years, unfortunately that was all we could talk about due to time constraints, however the ASR hip here in Australia which Bob and I received, is now ‘officially’ showing a 50% failure rate.
This has now officially earned the title of the worst Orthopaedic disaster in history according to the reporter involved.
If they get back to me and confirm a night it will be on I will let you all know, in the meantime there is a whole new slant to the story which has ‘broken’ in Europe and if you are interested I have included a few links to this story below.
I do hope that this finds you all well and my apologies for not keeping better contact but if you were unaware I have just had my 5th operation on my hip so haven’t really been able to do much at all except sit around praying that this one works! I look forward to speaking with or catching up with you all soon!
- Video: Faulty hip implants have ruined lives says Orthopaedic Professor – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: Patients who were promised an easier life, but got more pain and worry – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: Patients treated ‘like guinea pigs’ – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: Patients at risk from flaws in medical device rules, admit EU chiefs – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- UK – Hunt vows to tackle hip implant scam (earlsview.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: ‘A system in disarray that favours manufacturers at the expense of safety’ – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: Regulators’ trail of deception has been exposed, says chairman – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Australia – Walking wounded: many unaware of faulty implants (earlsview.com)
- First faulty hip implants case brought | Irish Examiner (earlsview.com)
- Dodgy medical implants getting approved – EasyBlog (earlsview.com)