Bangalore, CDRH, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA, Food & Drug Administration, Medical device, Radiological Health, Reuters
FDA to guide device makers on marketing application – chicagotribune.com.
FDA to guide device makers on marketing application
(Reuters) – The Food and Drug Administration plans to provide medical device makers feedback before they apply for marketing approval to help companies identify regulatory requirements early in the device development process.
The new program, called “Pre-Sub,” comes a day after the Congress passed the FDA User Fee Reauthorization Bill that increases fees paid by companies to the health regulator in return for more meetings.
“FDA’s early feedback on studies can facilitate the development of a quality premarket submission and help industry avoid regulatory hurdles during the review process,” said Christy Foreman, director of the Office of Device Evaluation in FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH).
A similar process, called a Special Protocol Assessment, already exists for drugs and medicines, where the FDA and drugmakers meet and agree on a specific design and main goals for a clinical study.
The drugmaker receives guidance on the marketing application for the drug, reducing chances of rejection after review.
The FDA is seeking public comment on the Pre-Sub draft guidance.
(Reporting by Vidya P L Nathan in Bangalore; Editing by Viraj Nair)
- New FDA guidance on considerations used in device approval (earlsview.com)
- Medical Device ” The Senate Passes Unparalleled Medical Device User Fee Act (earlsview.com)
- Governmental Oversight of Potentially Dangerous Medical Devices – US Politics Today (earlsview.com)
- FDA issues new draft guidance on how to get earlier feedback on new product submissions (medcitynews.com)
- New Proposed FDA System Will Give Potential AED.com Customers More Device Information Before Purchasing (prweb.com)
- FDA Faces Daunting Task as Health Apps Multiply | Sci-Tech Today (earlsview.com)
- Post-Approval Studies for Smith & Nephew BHR – NOT USEFUL (earlsview.com)
- Rottenstein Law Group Applauds FDA Device Chief’s Recommendation To Close Dangerous Loophole In Agency’s Medical-Device Approval Process (prweb.com)
- FDA Proposes Device ID Regulations for Medical Dev – TMD – Today’s Medical Developments (earlsview.com)
- FDA’s $6.4 Billion Plan for Quick Reviews Moves to Senate – Businessweek (earlsview.com)
Pingback: FDA to help medical device sales with expanded pre-market feedback program « Earl's View
Pingback: FDA – Overview of Medical Device Regulation > Information about MDUFA III « Earl's View
Pingback: Henry Miller: FDA has device makers looking outside U.S. | fda, device, medical – Opinion – The Orange County Register « Earl's View
Pingback: Loophole in FDA’s Approval Process for Medical Devices Prompts Letter from Congress – Forbes « Earl's View
Pingback: FDA Aims To Smooth Premarket Review process | Bloomberg BNA « Earl's View
Pingback: Neurosurgeon’s Conflict With Spine Device Company Sheds More Light on FDA Approval Process « Earl's View