Local resident and NCH patient, Nancy A., 68, is chronicling her journey through hip replacement surgery and recovery on NCH’s daily blog. In August, the pain in her left hip became unbearable. It kept her from easily navigating the stairs in her townhome and made her job at a local grocery store, where she’s worked for 30 years, uncomfortable.
On the advice of her primary care physician, Carl Lang, MD, Nancy met with Phillip F. Ludkowski, MD, an orthopedic surgeon on staff at NCH, who recommended a total hip replacement. While Nancy admits to being anxious about the surgery, she’s looking forward to the day when she can enjoy activities without pain.
Follow her daily journal which will include details of her experience, along with commentary from her caregivers. To view Nancy’s blog, click here.
NCH’s Total Joint Replacement Program for hip replacement, knee replacement and other joint replacements is designed to get patients home faster after surgery and back on their feet sooner. Highly trained, experienced board-certified surgeons work side-by-side with specially trained nurses and therapists to take advantage of the latest technologies and advanced pain management techniques. To find a doctor, click here.
To read other patient success stories, click here.
- NIH researchers uncover clues related to metal-on-metal hip implants | Pharmaceutical Processing (earlsview.com)
- JBJS | A Multinational Assessment of Metal-on-Metal Bearings in Hip Replacement (earlsview.com)
- Total hip replacement for high dislocated hips without femoral shortening osteotomy: (earlsview.com)
- Weis undergoes successful hip replacement surgery (collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Walking skills program improves physical function following hip replacement surgery (medicalxpress.com)
- Timing of Aquatic Therapy After Joint Replacement Matters (nlm.nih.gov)
- UK surgeon warns public about dangers of all-metal hip implants, especially for women | Depuy Hip Recall (earlsview.com)
- Physical Function Following Hip Replacement Surgery Improved By Walking Skills Program (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Zimmer Hip Lawyer | Zimmer Hip Implant Lawsuit News (earlsview.com)
- You: Researchers uncover clues related to metal-on-metal hip implants (cyberneticsnews.com)