Bisphosphonate, BMJ, Health, Hip Replacement, joint replacement, knee replacement, Patient, surgery
Bisphosphonates extend life of hip replacements | 6minutes.
Bisphosphonates extend life of hip replacements
Bisphosphonate use in patients undergoing a hip or knee replacement can extend the life of the implant by twofold, a new study suggests.
A review of the UK’s General Practice Research Database for joint replacements, found that in patients undergoing lower limp arthroplasty, the use of bisophosphonates had a “strongly protective effect” on implant survival.
The study, published in the BMJ (link) involved more than 41,000 patients with primary total arthroplasty of the hip or…
- Common bone drug may extend life of replacement joints (eurekalert.org)
- Study: Bone Drugs May Increase Longevity of Replaced Joints (arthritis.webmd.com)
- Drug ‘aids hip replacement life’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Thousands of Scots set for payouts over faulty hip replacements – The Daily Record (earlsview.com)
- The Sciatic Nerve and Your DePuy Hip Implant | Levin Papantonio Law Firm (earlsview.com)
- Hip Replacement Surgery: Planning for Recovery (everydayhealth.com)
- Hip Replacement Surgery Checklist (everydayhealth.com)
- Bone drugs may prolong life of replacement joints (news.bioscholar.com)
- Proper Joint Alignment Could Avoid Many Hip Replacement Surgeries (earlsview.com)
- Hip Pain and Sex: Staying Intimate (everydayhealth.com)
Pingback: Fosamax Might Help Increase the Lifespan of Artificial Joints « Earl's View
Pingback: Falling After a Joint Replacement | www.dailyrx.com « Earl's View
Pingback: New Models of Hip and Knee Implants Not Better, Study Finds – NYTimes.com « Earl's View
Pingback: Timing of Aquatic Therapy for Knee, Hip Arthroplasty Matters « Earl's View
Pingback: Novel – Dual Pivot Hip | Hip Replacement, Total Hip Replacement | Total Joint Joint « Earl's View