bone screw, Germany, Health, hip, Hip Replacement, hip replacements, Medicine, pain, pain in the groin, pain in the groin area, polyethylene, polyethylene liner, surgery, ti bal
I have had bilateral hip surgery one in 2005 and the other was on the right hip in 2006.
The right hip has been giving trouble since the surgery. I have had a fracture immediately after the surgery and was operated on again within two weeks of the implants. Wire was placed and surgery was done but the pain and the wire remains within.
I have a trilogy Acetabular System Longevity@Crosslinked Polyethylene Liner 20 degree elevated rim 32mm I.D. for use with 56mm O.D. Shell Bone Screw Tivanium Ti-bal-4v Alloy. Allumina Ceramic Head Aluminum Ceramic made in Germany Flemoral nStem Fiber Metal Taper with Calicoat Ceramic Coating All are Zimmer Products.
I have been to numerous hospitals to be placed on medications for pain but to no avail .
I just want to have this pain in the Groin area to stop and also the swelling to go down I am grateful for most of the part but why is there so much pain to endure?
That is all for now can you suggest something or someone. the doctor that did the sureries does not do hip any longer only shoulders.
- Choosing a Bearing Material for Hip Arthroplasty: Commentary on an article by Ingrid Milošev, PhD, et al.: (earlsview.com)
- Australia – Zimmer Durom Acetabular Component (used in hip replacements) Withdrawn from Market (earlsview.com)
- Hip resurfacing ‘not suitable’ for women – Health – Beverley Guardian (earlsview.com)
- NZ – Ropata “Strikes Out” with Stryker Mitch Metal on Metal Hip… (earlsview.com)
- HIP REPLACEMENT: New Approach, More Mobility. | WHOTV.com – Des Moines news & weather from WHO Television (earlsview.com)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip – Nothing but Agony (earlsview.com)
- Faulty medical implants investigation: Patients who were promised an easier life, but got more pain and worry – Telegraph (earlsview.com)
- Greater wear reduction seen with ceramic-on-poly vs metal-on-poly hips | Orthopedics Today (earlsview.com)
- Hip Pain and Sex: Staying Intimate (everydayhealth.com)
- HIP | Chronic intoxication with cobalt following revision total hip arthroplasty (earlsview.com)
Stephen S. Rodrigues said:
Janet G. Travell, MD who was/is the matriarch of pain therapy noted in the 1950-90’s something interesting about joint pain. She stated that any joint area stiffness, aching and tension was due to muscles NOT the joint proper. So her myofascial therapy protocols are designed to treat all types of “joint pain.” Begin a self-care Wellness Program of Vits, Magnesium glycinate, sleep hygiene, self/pro Massage, chiropractor, heat, Epsom soaking, stretching. I use acupuncture!
Important about acupuncture or needle therapy is that it is not created equal. Traditional Acupuncture is the basic procedure then you can move up to the most intense most effective are based on Travell.
I would suggest weekly treatments for a few months or until the pain level drops to less than 2-4/10. This therapy is labor intense and time consuming. I have seen some of the most complex case over 70 times in a 10 year period. Dramatic … yes but this therapy is the treatment.
See my other post.