bernstein liebhard, California Superior Court, collateral source, Damages, DePuy, Hip Replacement, Johnson, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Superior Court, los angeles superior court, Montana, superior court judge
Trial Judge Reduces Final Judgment in DePuy ASR Hip Case to $8.26 Million
April 2, 2013
LOS ANGELES — A California Superior Court judge has issued a final judgment of $8,260,790.85 after the recent trial in a DePuy ASR hip implant case, representing a reduction of $77,345.27 in the jury’s award of compensatory damages.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge J. Stephen Czuleger said in issuing the judgment March 22 that the parties agreed that the $338,136.12 awarded for medical expenses should be reduced under Montana law to account for amounts payable by a collateral source.
The judgment left intact the jury’s award of $8 million in non-economic damages to plaintiff Loren Kransky.
- Peter J. Flowers, Chicago Trial Lawyer Begins Local DePuy ASR Trial (prweb.com)
- DePuy ASR Hip Recall Website Launched by Bernstein Liebhard LLP to Keep Public Apprised of Ongoing DePuy ASR Litigation (prweb.com)
- DePuy ASR Trial – Closing Arguments – Trial plaintiff says J&J hips defective, company says not liable (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Urges All DePuy ASR And Pinnacle All Metal Hip Implant Recipients To Get A Blood Test And To Call Them Before The Time Runs Out To Get Identified (prweb.com)
- DePuy ASR Hip Recipient Feared for His Life before Revision Surgery (earlsview.com)
- J&J Profit Pursuit Led to Defective Hip, Lawyer Argues – Bloomberg (earlsview.com)
- DePuy ASR Lawsuit Update: Toxicologist Testifies That Plaintiff Kransky Has High Levels of Metal in His Blood – Yahoo! Finance (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Defective Hip Implant Claims | eLocal (elocallawyers.com)
- DePuy ASR Recall Lawsuit Update: Rottenstein Law Group Responds to ASR Hip Implant Designer Who Testified He Would No Longer Implant His Patients with the Device (businesslawdaily.net)
- DePuy Hip Recall News: Second ASR Trial Begins, Rottenstein Law Group Reports (businesslawdaily.net)