bernstein liebhard, California Superior Court, collateral source, Damages, DePuy, Hip Replacement, Johnson, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Superior Court, los angeles superior court, Montana, superior court judge
HarrisMartin – Article – Trial Judge Reduces Final Judgment in DePuy ASR Hip Case to $8.26 Million.
Trial Judge Reduces Final Judgment in DePuy ASR Hip Case to $8.26 Million
April 2, 2013
LOS ANGELES — A California Superior Court judge has issued a final judgment of $8,260,790.85 after the recent trial in a DePuy ASR hip implant case, representing a reduction of $77,345.27 in the jury’s award of compensatory damages.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge J. Stephen Czuleger said in issuing the judgment March 22 that the parties agreed that the $338,136.12 awarded for medical expenses should be reduced under Montana law to account for amounts payable by a collateral source.
The judgment left intact the jury’s award of $8 million in non-economic damages to plaintiff Loren Kransky.
- Peter J. Flowers, Chicago Trial Lawyer Begins Local DePuy ASR Trial (prweb.com)
- DePuy ASR Hip Recall Website Launched by Bernstein Liebhard LLP to Keep Public Apprised of Ongoing DePuy ASR Litigation (prweb.com)
- DePuy ASR Trial – Closing Arguments – Trial plaintiff says J&J hips defective, company says not liable (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Urges All DePuy ASR And Pinnacle All Metal Hip Implant Recipients To Get A Blood Test And To Call Them Before The Time Runs Out To Get Identified (prweb.com)
- DePuy ASR Hip Recipient Feared for His Life before Revision Surgery (earlsview.com)
- J&J Profit Pursuit Led to Defective Hip, Lawyer Argues – Bloomberg (earlsview.com)
- DePuy ASR Lawsuit Update: Toxicologist Testifies That Plaintiff Kransky Has High Levels of Metal in His Blood – Yahoo! Finance (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Defective Hip Implant Claims | eLocal (elocallawyers.com)
- DePuy ASR Recall Lawsuit Update: Rottenstein Law Group Responds to ASR Hip Implant Designer Who Testified He Would No Longer Implant His Patients with the Device (businesslawdaily.net)
- DePuy Hip Recall News: Second ASR Trial Begins, Rottenstein Law Group Reports (businesslawdaily.net)