California, Georgia, Hip Replacement, lawsuit, Multidistrict litigation, Texas, U.S. District Court, United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
DePuy Pinnacle Hip Lawsuit | DePuy Hip Litigation.
Texas Court Moves Forward with DePuy Hip Litigation
The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas plans to move forward with DePuy hip litigation over the next six weeks. On April 25, 2012, U.S. District Judge Ed Kinkeade met with attorneys involved in the pending multidistrict litigation (MDL) against Pinnacle hip implant maker, DePuy Orthopedics.
Judge Kinkeade and the attorneys discussed how best to manage the pretrial processes for each DePuy Pinnacle hip lawsuit. Although they didn’t come up with a case management plan, they indicated that a case management outline would be announced within six weeks.
DePuy hip litigation
Each DePuy Pinnacle hip lawsuit filed in the MDL addresses the manufacturer’s alleged failure to properly test and warn users about potential Pinnacle hip replacement problems, including metal poisoning, component loosening, implant dislocation, and additional revision surgeries.
These alleged Pinnacle hip replacement problems have caused more than 1,000 people to file a DePuy Pinnacle hip lawsuit with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Each of the approximately 1,245 people to file a DePuy pinnacle hip lawsuit in this court are waiting for Judge Kinkeade to set dates for bellwether trials. Bellwether trials bring several cases that are representative of the rest in an MDL before a jury. The outcome of these cases often dictates the outcome of similar cases.
MDLs like the one formed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas are created when several individuals bring similar lawsuits against the same entity. MDLs are created to quickly and effectively resolve the litigation.
Pinnacle hip replacement problems
Pinnacle hip replacement problems are at the nexus of DePuy hip litigation, which is ongoing in Texas, California, and Georgia.
It’s likely, however, that the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas will be the first court to take a major step in resolving national Depuy hip litigation.
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers To Help All Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Implant Recipients (earlsview.com)
- 200 Irish Patients Plan DePuy ASR Hip Implant Lawsuit | NewsInferno (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers to Help All Recipients of the DePuy ASR & DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant to Get to the Best Possible Attorneys Because Compensation is Vital (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Now Offers to Help All DePuy ASR and DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipients Get to the Best Possible Attorneys and Lists Symptoms of Hip Implant Failure (prweb.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Says Its Vital We Now Identify All DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipients That Have A Hip Implant Failure & Its Critical Family Members Help (prweb.com)
- Over 900 Lawsuits Filed in Pinnacle Hip Replacement MDL (prweb.com)
- Pinnacle Lawsuits to be Consolidated in Texas Court (pinnaclelawsuit.typepad.com)
- New Concerns Regarding the DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Systems (pinnaclelawsuit.typepad.com)
- Biomet Makes Offer to Buy DePuy Business from Johnson and Johnson To Enable Regulatory Clearance for The Purchase of Synthes (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- DePuy Settlement: Things To Consider (depuyrecall.wordpress.com)