Wednesday, 2 November, 2011 Source: Click here
The latest news on the hip replacement recall made by DePuy in August 2010 surrounds events currently taking place in the United States.
In September, Judge David A. Katz, the judge assigned to hear the multidistrict litigation case in Toledo, Ohio, issued Case Management Orders for all claimants in the class action law suits filed to date in the States, to provide Fact Sheets and Medical Records Authorisation Forms if they have already undergone revision surgery.
The Fact Sheets and Medical Records Authorisation Forms contain basic information concerning the injuries sustained by the claimants and will substitute for individual disclosure to the defendants in the case – DePuy Orthopaedics Inc and their insurers Broadspire Services Inc. DePuy Orthopaedics have 120 days from the receipt of these documents to present the court with detailed information about each replacement hip system which was initially implanted, and facts relating to any communication between the company, their agents and the claimant.
Inasmuch as these submissions provide basic information about each claimant, solicitors representing those making a DePuy hip replacement compensation claim will still have to compile a case for each, as damages will be awarded on an individual basis (should DePuy Orthopaedics be found liable for personal injury compensation) depending on their unique circumstances. Those still to undergo revision surgery will still be able to claim for advanced pain and suffering, but awards of personal injury compensation will be distributed on the merit of each separate case.
Further to Judge Katz´s Case management Order, the latest news on the hip replacement recall law suits is that a conference between representatives of the legal firms which have filed class action lawsuits to date has been scheduled in Toledo for Tuesday November 22nd. The judge himself will be in attendance to assess the progress of the Case Management Orders and decide whether pre-trial hearings are the next appropriate action.
- Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff Call Upon Legislators to Investigate Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacements (prweb.com)
- DePuy Hip Replacement Recall Victims Cautioned About Joining Class Action Lawsuits by Rottenstein Law Group (prweb.com)
- Discovery Moves Forward In Federal DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Lawsuits (prweb.com)
- Another Legal Victory for Victims With Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Implants (prweb.com)
- You: HOUSE CALL: Arthritis can be a pain in the hip – San Angelo Standard Times (news.google.com)
- LegTutor Instrumental in Post Hip Replacement Therapy (handtutorblog.wordpress.com)
- FDA approves Xarelto for abnormal heart rhythm (medcitynews.com)
- Better alignment could cut need for hip replacements (cnn.com)