Cobalt chrome, Cobalt poisoning, DePuy, Hip Replacement, Johnson & Johnson, Orthopedic surgery, South Wales Echo, surgery, United Kingdom, United Kingdom DePuy Hip Recall, United Kingdom Hip Component Recall, United Kingdom Hip Recall
Leigh Day & Co solicitors has received the instructions relating to metal on metal hip components that have failed early, after the British Hip Society found a high early failure rate, ranging from 21% at four years to 49% at six years for ASR total hip replacements.
It is now looking at launching possible compensation claims against the manufacturers.
He said: “The results revealed that the metal ion levels in my blood were significantly elevated and there was a fluid build-up surrounding my hip joint. My surgeon suggested these results were due to an adverse reaction to the hip replacement and recommended I underwent a revision operation. I was relieved my doctor uncovered this issue before more serious damage was done.”
Boz Michalowska, partner at Leigh Day & Co, said Mr Haggett had been lucky as he was being monitored. She said anyone with a metal on metal hip component should consider talking to their doctor about getting it checked.
Technorati Tags: Cobalt Chrome, Cobalt Poisoning, DePuy, DePuy ASR Hip, DePuy hip implant defect attorneys, DePuy Hip Recall, DePuy Hip Recall Litigation, DePuy Lawsuit, DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement System, Hip Replacement, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson & Johnson lawsuit, United Kingdom DePuy Hip Recall
- Lawsuit Against DePuy Filed From Spain (earlsview.com)
- Crucial Documents Could Determine DePuy Hip Replacement Lawsuit Results (earlsview.com)
- Bruce Greenfield may be the last New Zealander implanted with a faulty hip joint (earlsview.com)
- Hip-replacement recall hurts profits at Johnson & Johnson (earlsview.com)
- Australia – Hip surgery ruins lives (earlsview.com)
- ‘Metal on metal’ hip implants leave some recipients in pain, at risk (earlsview.com)