DePuy, DePuy ASR Hip, DePuy ASR Hip Replacement System, DePuy ASR XL, DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System, DePuy ASR™ XL Acetabular System, DePuy Hip Litigation, Food & Drug Administration, Hip Replacement, Johnson & Johnson, lawsuit, metallosis, Orthopedic surgery, surgery
Lawsuits Filed Over Recalled Hip Replacements
Madison-Based Firm Files 80 Lawsuits
One man who had the hip replacement said it took a year until doctors figured out what was causing his pain.
“Nobody suspected my hip, and that went on for a year until they recalled the hips in September of 2010. And at that point they took a blood test; they took an MRI. They found that I had a large cyst right next to the hip,” said Charles Snyder, who had the recalled hip replacement.
Representatives with Habush, Habush & Rottier S.C. said that many patients with the hip replacement had injuries as well as increased levels of chromium and cobalt levels in their blood and body tissues.
“The claims involve the cost of the removal of a second surgery, expenses of a second rehab, the pain and difficulty of going through a second rehab. For anyone who’s had a hip replaced, it’s not a pleasant six to 10 months,” said Dan Rottier, of Habush, Habush & Rottier S.C.
The law firm said the hip replacement affected a total of 93,000 patients worldwide.
Technorati Tags: DePuy, DePuy ASR Hip, DePuy hip implant defect attorneys, DePuy hip implant defect lawyer, DePuy Hip Recall, DePuy Hip Recall Litigation, DePuy Lawsuit, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson & Johnson lawsuit, Metal on Metal Hips, Metallosis
- Crucial Documents Could Determine DePuy Hip Replacement Lawsuit Results (earlsview.com)
- Lawsuit Against DePuy Filed From Spain (earlsview.com)
- Hip-replacement recall hurts profits at Johnson & Johnson (earlsview.com)
- Bruce Greenfield may be the last New Zealander implanted with a faulty hip joint (earlsview.com)
- Australia – Hip surgery ruins lives (earlsview.com)
- ‘Metal on metal’ hip implants leave some recipients in pain, at risk (earlsview.com)
- Patient Victory in Wisconsin Court Over DePuy ASR Hip Recall Litigation (prweb.com)