Rottenstein Law Group Learns of New Research Showing Link Between Hip Replacement Surgery and Heart Attacks
(PRWEB) July 24, 2012
According to a troubling report just published online by the Archives of Internal Medicine (part of the JAMA Network), in the first two weeks after a total hip or knee replacement surgical procedure, a person has an elevated risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction). Patients who receive total hip replacements face this greater risk of heart attack for an even longer period: up to six weeks after surgery.
“The perioperative period [that is, occurring or performed at or around the time of an operation] is stressful to patients,” write the study’s authors. “A total of 20% to 40% of patients at risk have an episode of myocardial ischemia in the first perioperative week.”
According to a recent Bloomberg report, between 2000 and 2011, recipients of metal-on-metal hip implants lodged nearly 16,800 complaints—or, “adverse event reports”—with the FDA. “The reports almost quadrupled to 682 in 2008 from the year earlier, and rose again after [DePuy,] a unit of Johnson & Johnson began recalling hip devices in 2010,” according to the Bloomberg article.
As the advocate of patients who allege they suffered serious injuries as result of hip replacement devices, the Rottenstein Law Group sympathizes with patients who have suffered heart-related injuries and other types of injuries as a result of having received hip implants. Rochelle Rottenstein, principal of the Rottenstein Law Group, implores anyone with a friend or relative who has received a hip implant and believes that implant caused them injury to reach out to that person and recommend that he or she consult a physician immediately and then speak to a qualified personal injury lawyer. The Rottenstein Law Group maintains a DePuy Hip Replacement Lawsuit Information Site at http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com. (Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.)
About THE ROTTENSTEIN LAW GROUP The Rottenstein Law Group is a New York-based law firm that represents clients in mass tort actions. The firm was founded by Rochelle Rottenstein, who has more than two decades of experience as a lawyer, to represent clients in consumer product injury, mass tort, and class action lawsuits in a compassionate manner.
Contact: The Rottenstein Law Group, LLP Rochelle Rottenstein, Esq. 321 W. 44th Street Suite 511 New York NY 10036 (212) 933-9500 (office phone) (212) 933-9980 (facsimile) rochelle(at)rotlaw(dot)com http://www.rotlaw.com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/7/prweb9732134.htm
- DePuy ASR Hip Settlements – Rottenstein Law Group (earlsview.com)
- Troubled Hip Implants Require Additional Patient Monitoring | Goldberg & Osborne (earlsview.com)
- Biomet M2a Magnum Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement Lawsuit (earlsview.com)
- ‘Toxic’ hip replacement fears – UK Health News – Isle of Man Today (earlsview.com)
- Smith And Nephew Hip Replacement Recall Lawsuit Attorney (earlsview.com)
- ‘Toxic’ hip replacement fears – Health – Belfast Newsletter (earlsview.com)
- Hip implant recalled | 6minutes (earlsview.com)
- STRYKER REJUVENATE HIP IMPLANT RECALLED | West Palm Beach Personal Injury Attorneys Blog (earlsview.com)
- About Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants (earlsview.com)
- Justice for Hip Failures: DePuy ASR Recall: Nearly 16,800 adverse events reported for metal-on-metal hips, including DePuy ASR and Biomet Magnum (earlsview.com)