Comments from Howard
Here is the letter – Smith & Nephew Letter 5-6-2009
1. Smith & Nephew failed to include the probability that metal particles were caused from the components of the BHR rubbing against each other just from normal activity thus pseudo-tumors appeared causing loss of tissue and the pain and suffering that follows.
2. In many instances a Smith & Nephew representative was present in the OR during the procedure (unbeknown to most patients including myself) they were there to observe and answer questions: so Smith & Nephew should do less finger pointing to human error after all Smith & Nephew trained a core group of surgeons to perform the procedure ( by video ? )
3. the metal sensitivity is another finger pointing from Smith & Nephew for a reason the BHR may fail.
4. The PMA approval of the BHR had stipulations one of which Smith & Nephew was to continue investigations and reports as to the metal particle issue, where are these ????
5.This letter states the same as above comment as to studies and reports to have been provided by Smith & Nephew where are these documents ????
6.Smith & Nephew believe in the benefits of the BHR for young and active patients, there marketing promotes the BHR for older active folks. The little to no information I found in MAUDE regarding Smith & Nephews required reports used 18-21 year old patients. The data included told me nothing at all as to the above.
Had Smith and Nephew been candid as to their findings and their knowledge regarding the metal particle issue 1000’s of patients could have avoided pain, suffering etc. However market share and rate of return to Smith & Nephew’s investors would have suffered.
- Increasing Number of Lawsuits for Smith & Nephew (debooramoore.wordpress.com)
- Smith And Nephew Unveils New Hip Device (smithnephewhip.wordpress.com)
- Smith & Nephew Hip Lawyers Continue to Receive Complaints on Recalled Device (biomethipreplacement.wordpress.com)
- Should I Invest in Smith & Nephew? (fool.com)
- Hip Resurfacing an Alternative to Hip Replacement (hothealthnews.wordpress.com)
- Smith & Nephew, Inc. v. Rea (Fed. Cir. 2013) (patentdocs.org)
- Should You Avoid Smith & Nephew plc (ADR) (SNN)? (insidermonkey.com)
- Medical Device Maker Agrees To $16.8M Penalty In Bribery Case (legaltimes.typepad.com)
Joleen Chambers said:
Communicating with Smith and Nephew (manufacturer of failed implanted medical device) indirectly through social media is an aberration designed by a catastrophically broken system that denigrates harmed patients. It is undemocratic and unjust. Kudos to Howard Sadwin for continuing to be the “Catcher in the Rye” for other unsuspecting victims of the entitled medical device industry. This will change for the better! Just watch!
Pingback: Just Remember it is all Your Fault!!! | Earl's View
Hello Earl, Well … do I have a story for you! But unfortunately I’m just not feeling well enough to send it along. I was betrayed horribly by my ortho surgeon. I have toxic poisoning from chromium and cobalt from the DuPuy ASR and I’ve just had a revision and I’m waiting until mid August for retesting of my levels. But, I’m not doing well because I have all the symptoms back. So, I’m not expecting good news. We will see. When I’m up to it I will fill you in further. Carole Zaza Toronto, Ontario.
To all you folks that have had problems with your BHR:
first and foremost get well and regain strength.
This is an ongoing battle don’t give up and don’t think you are alone, your not.
Second and just as important: unless you take affirmative action against this manufacturer for hurting you laws will continue to protect them and not human beings.
Take the anger or hostility you may feel inside of you regarding this company for hurting you and do something positive by help prevent this from happening again to you or your love ones and friends.
Seek legal action against this manufacturer.
Look at taking affirmative action like this; if someone were to physically hit you or your wife, or child or friend for no reason what would you do???
It is hard enough for folks to share their nightmare stories regarding the BHR, to due nothing about it is just as wrong if changes in our Governmental systems are ever to revert back to protecting human life first and foremost and not the manufacturer.
Pingback: GOOD NEWS —- Smith & Nephew Hip Lawsuit News: Illinois Federal Judge Rejects Preemption in Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement Case, Bernstein Liebhard LLP Reports – Watch List News | Earl's View