American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, DePuy, Food & Drug Administration, Health, Hip Replacement, Johnson, Medicine, Reuters, science, UNited States, University of California San Francisco
This video is a good one – talks about what can be expected after revision of your metal on metal hips.
Biology – exposure and effect – affects the immune system.
- Dr Tower writes to Senator re concerns about the regulatory malfeasance at the FDA – Metal-on-Metal hip replacement debacle (earlsview.com)
- Metal-on-metal hip replacement toxicity | NPS MedicineWise (earlsview.com)
- J&J metal hip failed because of toxic debris -expert at trial | Reuters (earlsview.com)
- Severe Metallosis Leading to Femoral Head Perforation | Orthopedics (earlsview.com)
- Some Surgeons Do Speak & Shout – but Those that Should Listen Don’t Hear… (earlsview.com)
- Cobalt tiles in the V&A Tile Collection (toppstiles.co.uk)
- J&J metal hip failed because of toxic debris – expert at trial | Reuters (earlsview.com)
- J&J Failed to Warn of Metal Hip Implant Flaws, Lawyers Argue (earlsview.com)
- J&J Failed to Weigh Hip Metal Debris Risk, Witness Says – Bloomberg (earlsview.com)
Judith Elliott said:
After 2 revisions, 2 and 3/ 2012, my cobalt level is decreasing, but chromium is rising again. How can this be? After 7 hip surgeries with multiple complications (one near-fatal), I am loathe to think of more surgeries. Could it be caused by the chromium content in ceramics?