I had Bilateral Hip Resurfacing done Feb. 2012 At H.S.S. NYC.
- Smith and Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing implants.
- Starting having problems less than a year after surgery
- Pain and stiffness in hip joints.
- Had blood work done, Chromium and cobalt levels were high.
- Levels continued to increase and symptoms worsened along with other developing symptoms.
- Spoke to a revision surgeon who did a Mars MRI, findings were fluid and tissue damage in both hips.
- Had revision surgery on right hip 5/22/14, I`m scheduled for revision surgery on my left hip 9/2/14.
I will probably be cancelling second surgery due to the fact I will be out of sick time and will be without pay.
- Have been told by multiple law firms that they are not pursuing these cases at this time because of FDA PMA for these devices.
- I would love to join in any attempt that`s being made to fight this.