GREAT GUIDE ON HOW TO FIGHT DEPRESSION
Posted on | May 3, 2012 |
Upbeat and happy decorations should be throughout your home. Happy and bright surroundings have an effect on human emotions.
Mediation helps you deal with depression and the associated symptoms. Studies have shown that meditation is beneficial because it makes your mood more positive and makes blood pressure lower.
Look for a social group of family or friends with whom you can relax and speak to. This may help you feel good.
Bad moods and sadness are only made worse by sugars, even those in fruits and honey. These sugars make it into your bloodstream much faster than complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains. Initially, this will result in a surplus of energy, but will cause a crash in your mood and energy level, a few hours later.
Reforming your negative habits is a crucial part of healing from depression. Strive to replace negative habits with positive ones. If you become depressed after some negative situations, keep telling yourself that depression and blaming yourself is never the answer. Keep a positive outlook at all times to avoid slipping back into depression and your problems.
Understand why you’re depressed. Depression can manifest itself in both physical and psychological ways. If you have been dealing with depression, stress or anxiety over a extended time period, your brain is possibly not producing the proper amounts of serotonin. This can actually make you feel more depressed. Many of the anti-depressants on the market are designed to encourage your brain to be more receptive to its own seratonin production, or help the brain produce more. You can naturally increase seratonin levels rather than depending on anti-depressant drugs to restore them to the levels you need. Stay away from stimulants, such as alcohol and caffeine, get plenty of sleep and exercise, and stick to a healthy diet.
For the depressed, alcohol should not be consumed. Alcohol, because it is a depressant has been known to increase the levels of depression in many people. If you believe you have a dependency on alcohol, seek treatment, remove all alcohol from your house, and attend AA meetings.
If you quit today, the better it would be for your overall health.
As you have seen in the above tips, there is a lot of knowledge you can acquire before seeking treatment for your depression and it’s this knowledge, along with assistance from a doctor, that can help improve your symptoms. Do everything you must to find a treatment that works for you.
- Dwelling in depression (colourtheday.wordpress.com)
- Predictors of Incident Depression After Hip Fracture Surgery -Mental health and Psychiatry news- (earlsview.com)
- The Best Tips To Effectively Counter Depression (sympathygiftsformen.wordpress.com)
- An intervention to manage depression after hip fracture | Practice | Nursing Times (earlsview.com)
- Suffering From Depression? Real Advice That Can Help (sympathygiftsformen.wordpress.com)
- If low serotonin levels aren’t responsible for depression, what is? (livasperiklis.com)
- Having Trouble With Depression Then Try These Tips (sympathygiftsformen.wordpress.com)
- Stress-Induced Depression Is Real [Science] (gizmodo.com)
- Hope for Recovery and Repair? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Exercise ‘no help for depression’ (bbc.co.uk)