there have been many posts recently regarding Smith and Nephew and I would like you to share my story with your readers.
Maybe we can all pull together and start something?
I am in the UK, had my S&N left BHR in 2006, it never fully settled, pain was always an issue but I thought this was what I had to put up with, medical investigations showed no obvious problems, I was told after 2 years my metals were high but that it was nothing to worry about!!
Eventually it was decided in September 2011 that I would need it taken out and a THR, I was referred for an ultrasound and x-ray. The x-ray showed my pelvis had been worn paper thin on this side and I would need a bone graft too!
This was when it was decided that my local hospital could not do the surgery and I have been referred to a hospital in the next county as the risks and complications were too high!
I have a 4 hour appointment this month to discuss the findings!
My surgery is booked for the end of February 2012, 5 months after the findings determined my revision as urgent!
I have discovered I was not a suitable candidate [for a BHR] given that I am 5 foot tall female, I have also discovered that tests to determine effects were never fully reported.
This means I was a human guinea pig, used for medical experiement without consent.
No-one can say what long term health effects will be. I have partial hearing loss, blurred vision, dizziness, extreme pain (been on morphine for 3 months now), chronic fatigue, lethargic, forgetfulness, confusion ………. That is presuming I survive the removal of the tumour on my artery!
Like others I have sought legal advice to no avail.
Again, group litigation is needed and not enough people have come forward. I have contacted the press, to no avail, I have this week emailed the minister for health in an attempt to do something.
I will share that response when I receive it.
We all need to push our stories.
I am 43 years old and a prisoner in my own home!
I am a professional and cannot do my job, my wage was our main income. Let us all shout from the rooftops on this one.
I believe many cases are being revised ‘quietly’ to avoid compensation.
We, like DePuy victims should be compensated and I will not rest until I get justice for myself and ewveryone else who has suffered at the hands of these manufacturers.
Please feel free to contact me on email@example.com
Bear in mind I am in the UK but this affects us all regardless of which side of the pond we live.
- Is Dysplaysia an underlying condition leading to Osteoarthritis later in life? (earlsview.com)
- Jackie – Part Two (earlsview.com)
- UK surgeon warns public about dangers of all-metal hip implants, especially for women | Depuy Hip Recall (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Urges All ASR DePuy Hip Implant Recipients to Get Identified and Lists the Most Common Symptoms of a Hip Implant Failure (earlsview.com)
- DePuy ASR NOT Safe – Aspiration Revealed My ASR Device Had Failed While Other Diagnostic Tests Were Still Reading “Normal” (earlsview.com)
- DePuy Hip Recall | Pinnacle Hip Recall News (earlsview.com)
- RLG Heeds Common Benefit Order in DePuy ASR MDL (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Says It’s Vital We Identify All ASR DePuy Hip Implant Recipients & Its Critical Family Members Help Because Many DePuy ASR Recipients Won’t Complain (prweb.com)
- Rottenstein Law Group Heeds Common Benefit Order in DePuy ASR MDL – Yahoo! News (earlsview.com)
- India State FDA Files Complaint against DePuy with Mumbai Police | DePuy Hip Replacement Lawsuit Information Site (earlsview.com)
- Another S&N BHR goes Sour – Brenda’s Story (UK) (earlsview.com)
- More Smith & Nephew BHR Problems (earlsview.com)
- More Smith & Nephew BHR Problems – Katie’s Story (USA) (earlsview.com)
- Bryan’s Story – 28 Years Old, Two Hip Replacements – One dud Smith & Nephew BHR (earlsview.com)
- Howard View – on a few things (earlsview.com)
- FDA Clears Smith & Nephew’s Single-Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System (medgadget.com)
- Smith & Nephew spins off N.C. biologics unit into joint venture Bioventus (medcitynews.com)
- FDA Clears PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System – Instructions for Application Use Provided by a MS Tag (barcode) On Packaging (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- Smith & Nephew Inc. Spins Off Biologics Unit Into JV With Essex Woodlands Health Ventures (biospace.com)
- Howard Sadwin’s Story – a lesson in perserverance… (earlsview.com)