Baseball, Cobalt chrome, Cobalt poisoning, DePuy, DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System, Family, Food & Drug Administration, Health, Hip Replacement, hip replacement failure, hip resurfacing, Little League Baseball, metal ions, metal-on-metal hips, Nancy, Quality of life, Sarasota Florida, UNited States
I noticed comments made to your site by others whom have suffered hip problems.
I am 65 years young, went to the gym 3-4 times a week, played baseball with my grandson, and granddaughters, hunted, fished, competed my Labrador retrievers in field trials, 30 years as a real estate broker in Sarasota, Florida, taught my grandson to race atv’s,(all terrain vehicles), helped little league coaching.
I read comments: gaining weight, lack of energy, etc. complete opposite of how I was accustomed to living. I watch what I eat, I go to the gym 3 times a week, even with no hip and in a wheelchair, however I have never ever been as heavy as I am today. The obstacles I face, I know I can overcome.
However, I don’t see my grandchildren but a fraction of what I was accustomed, I don’t work, I’m not allowed to drive, etc. etc.
I talk to my grandson Hayden (8 years old ) the other night when for the first time he said to me he didn’t want to spend the night. I sat back in my wheelchair and replied, to Hayden, do you not want to spend the night because we don’t get out and do the things we used to, he looked up at me with his big baby blue eyes and said yes. As hurt, inside, as I felt, I understood.
So, for those of you that have pain, weight problems, living problems, you are not alone. The more people that open up to the rest of the world as to the how this hip debacle has changed my, your lives the stronger our chances, to improve a system that has failed our quality of life.
No one can honestly say they understand, without having lived through this.
I can never replace the precious time, with Hayden, nor my other grandchildren, nor my wife, Nancy.
Yet I will survive and I will contribute however I can, so that others may gain a better understanding of how to deal with this unexpected detour in life.
The journey of life, has bumps and wrong turns, I will get there, and so will you, don’t think you can’t.
- Sadwin Comments on Washington Post Article – Letter to Authors (earlsview.com)
- Sadwin gets to the heart of the Issues with FDA 510(k) (earlsview.com)
- Sadwin has a few other Pithy Points for the Orthopaedic “Big Guys”… (earlsview.com)
- Sadwin Raises More Questions – Will They Ever Be Answered? (earlsview.com)
- Sadwin Doesn’t buy the BHR Story … (earlsview.com)
- How ‘Bout Smith & Nephew (earlsview.com)
- Oh no Nana has wrinkles (grannyintraining.com)
- Hayden Walton: Little League Player Dies After Getting Hit with Baseball (bleacherreport.com)
- 13-Year-Old Hayden Walton Killed by Pitch in Little League Game (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Ariz. Little Leaguer killed after pitch hits chest (seattletimes.nwsource.com)