“From Pain to Painless” eBook Diary Assists Patients Facing Hip Replacement Surgery
Over 250,000 hip replacement surgeries are performed each year. With aging baby boomers, this number will soar in the next decade. Patients facing hip replacement surgery get ready answers about what to expect from a new ebook by Pete Smith.
From Pain to Painless
Written in a conversational, informative and empathetic style, this ebook is Smith’s personal diary of his experience with hip replacement surgery. Smith speaks to the patient’s fears and walks the reader through the entire process; he avoids the surgical details over which the patient has no control.
As a proactive patient, he offers over 30 Tips on improving a patient’s hospital stay and easing their recovery. Smith posted 11 Patient Expectations in his hospital room. He credits his communicating these written expectations to the hospital staff for significantly improving this hospital stay compared to his first hip surgery six years earlier.
“Eight weeks ago I had my left hip replaced. Today I was released by my orthopedic surgeon and told to come back in a year. I am walking, driving, and the pre-surgery pain is gone…With the idea that knowledge is power, if this diary helps to alleviate your fears and helps you through the healing process, then I have met my objective.”
The diary closes with:
“I know there are a lot of people walking around with hip pain that can be relieved through surgery. Do it! You will hate the first week, dislike weeks two and three, but, your only question after about eight weeks will be, ‘Why didn’t I do this sooner?’”
Smith describes the patient’s journey from pre-hospital preparation through the inpatient stay to recovery at home. He shares these experiences.
- His pre-surgery recommendations
- What hurts and what doesn’t
- What happens during your hospital stay
- The physical therapy process: hospital, home and out-patient
- Dealing with all the doctors, nurses, aides, therapists and staff
- His list of Patient Expectations
Designed for anyone considering hip replacement surgery, this 12,000 – word ebook enables the reader to face the experience with greater confidence and peace of mind. Much of the information is also pertinent for patients facing knee replacement or any surgical hospital stay.
“From Pain to Painless” is $6.99 and is available at:
- Amazon for Kindle or compatible device or software: mobi file format.
- iTunes for iPad or compatible device or software: epub file format.
- Barnes and Noble for Nook or compatible device or software: epub file format.
Search on complete “From Pain to Painless” title.
Pete Smith is a management consultant specializing in business succession: buying, selling, family gifting, appraisals, divorce, partnership transactions, etc. He can be reached at (205) 837-4845 or cpsmith(at)conweb(dot)com. The website is http://www.FromPaintoPainless.com.
“From Pain to Painless” is formatted and published by eBooksTalkToMe.com, Birmingham, Alabama.
Excerpts at: http://www.value-a-business.com/FPTPExcerpts.pdf
Complete files are available for book reviewers. Please email cpsmith(at)conweb(dot)com. Identify your blog or publication, and whether you need a mobi file or an epub file.
- Anterior Hip Replacements are the Future (earlsview.com)
- Ideas For Recovery From Hip Replacement (earlsview.com)
- Computer-Assisted Hip Replacement Surgery – A More Accurate Placement of the Implant Ensures Better Outcomes for the Patient (earlsview.com)
- Fast Track Discharge Following Hip Replacement (earlsview.com)
- Techniques In Implementing A Hip Replacement Operation (earlsview.com)
- How To Choose A Hip Replacement Surgeon (earlsview.com)
- “Alternatives To Hip Replacement Surgery?” (earlsview.com)
- Smaller scars, faster recovery for new hip replacement (earlsview.com)
- Ceramic Hip Replacement Surgery (earlsview.com)
- How Long Do Hip Replacements Last? (earlsview.com)