arthritis, Biomet, Biomet Hip Replacement, Biomet Magnum Hip, Cobalt chrome, DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System, Hip recall, Hip Replacement, hip replacement failure, Metal on metal hip, Total Hip Replacement
Is this Some Good News Amongst the Bad – Biomet M2a-Magnum System
This is taken from the Company Brochure – seems impressive on the face of it?
Well designed metal-on-metal (MoM) hips are good options for many patients. However, design features in certain MoM components have lead to increased failure rates.1,2 Biomet’s M2a-Magnum™ System delivers a clinically proven, unique design that has shown a statistically significant lower revision rate than other MoM implants.*
- Lowest cobalt ion levels in a peer-reviewed, head-to-head study of four MoM implant designs3
- Over 98% median reported survivorship at three years4–14
- In over 10,000 cases, revision rate is less than 2.5%4–21
- Similar revision rate to metal-on-poly in the Australian and New Zealand NJR (2.6% and 2.9%)22,23
- Statistically significant lower revision rate than other MoM constructs in the New Zealand NJR (3.9%)23.
For References – download the company brochure here.
Powered by ScribeFire.