ABC News, Australian Class Action, Ben Slade, chrome poisoning, Class action, Cobalt chrome, cobalt levels, DePuy, DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System, DePuy Orthopaedics, hip problems, Hip recall, Hip Replacement, Johnson & Johnson, Mandurah, Sydney
Posted Fri Jun 3, 2011 10:16am AEST
The DePuy ASR (Articular Surface Replacement) Hip Resurfacing System
The DePuy ASR (Articular Surface Replacement) Hip Resurfacing System and ASR XL Acetabular System total hip replacement, created by DePuy Orthopedics. (www.depuy-recall-hip.com) A class action against the maker and distributor of faulty hip implants will return to the Federal Court in Sydney today. Twenty West Australians have registered in the action against DePuy Orthopaedics, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. DePuy issued a worldwide recall of the product in 2010.
Lawyer Ben Slade is representing patients who say the hip is to blame for severe and painful side effects, which some doctors and medical researchers attribute to metal poisoning. DePuy denies the allegations.Mr Slade says there could be hundreds more West Australians eligible to take part in the class action.
“Open class actions help all those people who suffered injury as a result of the defective hip implants and at some stage we just need to find them and then we can look after them,” he said. Mandurah resident Carolyn Thomson said she had to have her faulty DePuy hip implant replaced in February. “I had pain from the beginning it was put in and my doctor said it was normal, but I knew it wasn’t,” she said. Mrs Thomson is looking to join the class action.
Technorati Tags: ABC News, arthritis, Australian Hip Replacement Problems, Chrome Poisoning , chromium ions, cobalt chrome, Cobalt Ions, Cobalt Poisoning, DePuy, DePuy Hip Recall, DePuy Hip Recall Litigation, DePuy Lawsuit, Hip failure, hip implant failure, Hip Replacement, Hip Revision, Johnson & Johnson, joint replacement, metal ion concentrations, Metal Ions, metal-on-metal hip, MoM hips, total hip replacement
- Veterans are Put through Another War – Hip Recall (earlsview.com)
- Lawsuit Against DePuy Filed From Spain (earlsview.com)
- Another Legal Victory for Victims With Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Implants (earlsview.com)
- Crucial Documents Could Determine DePuy Hip Replacement Lawsuit Results (earlsview.com)
- Rottenstein Law Group Curious About Reserves Set Aside by Johnson & Johnson for DePuy Victims (earlsview.com)
- Dozens suing over DePuy hip replacement (earlsview.com)
- Australia – Hip surgery ruins lives (earlsview.com)
- US Drug Watchdog Urgently Steps Up its Efforts To Identify All Recipients of the ASR DePuy Hip Implant & Warns About Class Actions (prweb.com)
- Another Legal Victory for Victims With Recalled DePuy ASR Hip Replacement Implants (prweb.com)